xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Need to preserver duplicate namespace declarations

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Aust, Stefan" <stefan.aust AT coremedia.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Need to preserver duplicate namespace declarations
  • Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 06:17:56 -0400

Aust, Stefan wrote:
Hello,

I'm a happy XOM user so far but know I've a problem I didn't find an
easy solution.

I need to preserve this structure

<a:x xmlns:a="urn:1">
<a:y xmlns:a="urn:1">
</a:y>
</a:x>

and need to regenerate those duplicate namespace declaration later on.

Why do you need to do this? I might be convinced to make this possible, but you'd need a good use case first. I can't think of one.

I'd have to look at the code, but my suspicion is that XOM is maintaining those declarations internally, but the serializer does not bother to output the second.

  • Re: [XOM-interest] Need to preserver duplicate namespace declarations, Elliotte Harold, 09/04/2005