xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Xstream/Stax integration

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Michael Kay" <mike AT saxonica.com>
  • To: "'Elliotte Harold'" <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>, "'Dan Diephouse'" <dan AT envoisolutions.com>
  • Cc: 'xom-interest' <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Xstream/Stax integration
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:50:20 +0100

Saxon has some StAX support that may be of interest. It includes a pull-push
bridge, so you can use it to read from a StAX parser and write to anything
that accepts SAX events. It also does the reverse, using two threads one
that accepts SAX events and puts them in a buffer, the other accepts StAX
requests and responds to them by reading from the buffer. Saxon also allows
a StAX client to read a document in any of the object models that Saxon
supports, including XOM.

I found the BEA parser extremely buggy, and have also reported bugs against
the RI from Sun, though that is now a lot better than it was.

Michael Kay