xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] error I can't explain...

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: John Cowan <jcowan AT reutershealth.com>
  • To: Luca Passani <passani AT eunet.no>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org, tagsoup-friends AT yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] error I can't explain...
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 12:51:03 -0400

Luca Passani scripsit:

> This is all very nice, but how do I solve my problem in practice? is
> there a way to recognize the char if I loop through
> each char in the file and replace/remove the offending beast?

It sounds like you'd be better off with jchardet, a Java port of the
Mozilla encoding guesser. Its result can be set into the InputSource
object you pass to TagSoup. See http://www.i18nfaq.com/chardet.html ;
I don't package it with TagSoup because it's bigger than TagSoup is.

If you play around with HtmlCharsetDetector, the supplied test application
(not in the jchardet.jar file), be sure to patch it as shown on
the Web page.

--
John Cowan jcowan AT reutershealth.com www.reutershealth.com
www.ccil.org/~cowan