xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Cannot find the declaration of element...

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Jacobs, Robert A." <ra.jacobs AT ngc.com>
  • Cc: "XOM \(E-mail\)" <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Cannot find the declaration of element...
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 16:11:39 -0500

Jacobs, Robert A. wrote:

I did not see anyway to specify the schema to use in validation in the
XOM API so I am making the assumption that the Builder knows how to locate the appropriate XMLSchema document based upon the schemaLocation attribute. (Though
this raises the question of how the Builder will function within a
war file
or other situation where the resources must be captured from
streams...).

Finally we get to the truth of the matter. XOM has no explicit support for W3C schemas. You can do schema validation, but you have to set up the parser to do that. XOM doesn't do it automatically. See

http://www.xom.nu/faq.xhtml#d0e339

for instructions on how to set this up.