xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Feature request: Serializable nodes

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Steve Loughran <steve.loughran AT gmail.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Feature request: Serializable nodes
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 19:54:10 +0000

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:36:35 -0800, Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Any particular reason the BinaryXMLCodec wouldn't work here?
> Using the codec in combination with RMI is a lot faster than any
> standard Java serialization could ever be...

I might have a look; I'd have to think a bit about marshalling stuff
though, maybe writing a wrapper class to marshall the nodes. Yes, a
NodeWrapper class would work -it would do the s12n and so my remote
api could be

NodeWrapper getNode() throws RemoteException;

And the wrapper would have the custom marshall/unmarshall stuff. One
question through: does the Codec handle incomplete things like a
comment or an attribute?