xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Maven Repository support

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Steve Loughran <steve.loughran AT gmail.com>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Maven Repository support
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:02:49 +0000

How about I give you the changes need to your build file and a pointer
to what to do next?

I dont have all the dependencies to do an accurate rebuild, and once
the maven repository group start getting paranoid about security it
will be important to have a vague idea of who is an authorised
uploader of files. And while I think I may have access to the
repository, I am not considered competent enough to put stuff in
there.

1. place xom-template.pom in your root directory (or somewhere else
and edit the target below)

2. add this target to the end of build.xml
<!-- Generate a Maven JAR for uploading to the maven
bug repository and hence placement onto ibilio and mirrors.
See http://maven.apache.org/repository-upload.html -->
<target name="maven" depends="jar" >
<property name="pom.template" location="xom-template.pom" />
<property name="pom.file" location="${build.dir}/project.xml" />
<property name="package.jar"
location="${build.dir}/${name}-${version}.jar"/>
<property name="license" location="LICENSE.txt" />
<property name="xom-maven.jar"
location="${dist.dir}/xom-maven-${version}.jar" />
<copy file="${pom.template}" tofile="${pom.file}">
<filterset>
<filter token="VERSION" value="${version}"/>
</filterset>
</copy>
<jar destFile="${xom-maven.jar}">
<fileset file="${pom.file}" />
<fileset file="${license}" />
<fileset file="${package.jar}" />
</jar>
</target>

This generates dist/xom-maven-${version}.jar for whatever value of
version, and generates a maven POM with the version number too. Note
that that is meant to declare which versions of things you built
against; I reused the 1.0b3 POM which declares a dependence on xerces
2.6.1, and not the later 2.6.2, among others.

3. Run the target

4. upload the JAR to some public site

5. follow the steps in http://maven.apache.org/repository-upload.html
for the maven team to get enough info to d/l the package and put it in
the right place.

Repeat steps (3-4-5) on future releases.

Enjoy,

-steve