xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] New XPath issue: what to do with non-nodes?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Bradley S. Huffman" <hip AT cs.okstate.edu>
  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] New XPath issue: what to do with non-nodes?
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:17:28 -0600

Elliotte Harold writes:

> Bradley S. Huffman wrote:
>
> > Actually I was playing last night and I think the idea of a non-public
> > internal subclass of Text will work. I wrote the code, which wasn't as
> > tricky as I thought. I just need to test it.
>
> You should probably look at the latest CVS before spending a lot of time
> on this. I've already got non-adjacent text nodes implemented and
> working in CVS. If CVS is still giving you troubles, holler and I can
> zip you up the source tree and e-mail it to you privately. However, the
> code is really changing relatively rapidly right now, so we should
> really try to figure out how to fix CVS if we can.

I found the problem. I had a text file named "xom" that I was typing
some notes into. Guess cvs wasn't smart enough to figure out it wasn't
a directory and couldn't possibly contain the file it was looking for. Got
to love helpful and descriptive error messages :)

Ok, I see the changes in JaxenNavigator.java. I have a different approach
which I'll try to test tonight. If it works, then you'll have another working
option to consider instead of speculation.

Brad