xom-interest - RE: [XOM-interest] New XPath issue: what to do with non-nodes?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Watson, John" <JWatson AT satelliteinfo.co.uk>
  • To: 'Elliotte Harold' <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org, 'John Cowan' <jcowan AT reutershealth.com>, Nils_Kilden-Pedersen AT Countrywide.Com
  • Subject: RE: [XOM-interest] New XPath issue: what to do with non-nodes?
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:41:17 -0000

> Elliotte Harold wrote:
>
>Could you tell more about your application? It sounds interesting.

The interpreter is for a proprietary XML-based XML update language.

Actually, now I come to think about it, the application itself relies just
on node-sets. It's my test cases that are written in XPath and these need
Booleans and numeric values, but these are not so critical.

Sorry to have misled you - even so I'd prefer the full set of types if they
were not too expensive.

John