xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XPathException: checked or unchecked?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XPathException: checked or unchecked?
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 10:38:56 -0800

On Jan 8, 2005, at 10:24 AM, Elliotte Harold wrote:

We're going to need an exception class for things that go wrong when querying, ranging from syntactically incorrect queries to unexpected engine runtime exceptions. Anyone feel like arguing whether this exception should be checked or unchecked? I suspect the answer will eventually become obvious, but right now I can see arguments on both sides of the question.

I recommend making it checked. That way you could later still relax it to unchecked if that should prove a very common case.