xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1: XPath

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1: XPath
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 20:51:33 -0800

On Jan 6, 2005, at 5:50 PM, Elliotte Harold wrote:

Wolfgang Hoschek wrote:

Forgot to mention that if the query is "text {.}" the result sequence contains a single coalesced text node with a value of "helloworldnux".

I don't recognize "text{.}". What is that? An XQuery expression that creates a new Text node based on the value of the context node?

Right, an XQuery operator serving as a "text constructor".

Suppose we used ./child::*[1]

My expectation is that this would actually return all three original text nodes, not just one, and not a new one.

Shirasu might have already answered your question.

Wolfgang.