xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] [ANN] Nux-1.0a5 release

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] [ANN] Nux-1.0a5 release
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 07:44:43 -0700

That's primarily to keep the number of methods in the API to a minimum. The underlying internal code can take InputStream as well (besides other formats). The BuilderPool can only take arguments that can be identified uniquely (for caching to work), so an InputStream won't work for BuilderPool, while it works for BuilderFactory.

I'd be OK to change BuilderFactory.createMSVBuilder(File) to BuilderFactory.createMSVBuilder(InputStream) and keep BuilderPool as it is currently. If anyone has an opinion either way, raise your voice and let us know.

Wolfgang.