xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM Tutorial first draft

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Stefan Matthias Aust <sma AT 3plus4.de>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM Tutorial first draft
  • Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 10:09:36 +0200

luca schrieb:

MSIE does not recognize the MIME type and offers me to save the document.
Netscape 7.1 on win2k gives this error msg:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed Location: http://cafeconleche.org/XOM/tutorial.xhtml Line Number 999, Column 88: Instead it uses a <tt class="classname">NodeFactory</tt>, summarized in <a hError: no ID for constraint linkend: NodeLister.

That seems to be an error in the source document. I'd guess, the xml file is generated somehow and the generator creates invalid XML.

My MSIE (from XP sp2) displays the document without warning, simply ignoring the malformed XML (damn stupid IE). My Mozilla 1.7.2 emits the same error, although it seems that someone has localized even the error message :)

XML-Verarbeitungsfehler: Schlecht formuliert
Adresse: http://cafeconleche.org/XOM/tutorial.xhtml
Zeile Nr. 999, Spalte 88:

The MIME type "application/xhtml+xml" is correct. Although, probably because the IE consumes the malformed XML, it does not correctly detect the encoding and cannot display the copyright or TM sign.

However here's my comment: Yesterday, I tried to validate an XML file against a schema using xom (I failed). I tried to start from the provided example and didn't realize that the xerces provided with XOM is stripped down and cannot validate schemas. Two suggestions: Please provide an example how to validate against schemas and stat that the xerces is stripped down.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust // "Zweifel sind der Ansporn des Denkens..." -U