xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Last call warning

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: jcowan AT reutershealth.com
  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Last call warning
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:30:24 -0500

Elliotte Harold scripsit:

> There've been a few significant changes and additions since 1.0d24 so I
> may call the next release pre-alpha 1 or second last call to give people
> a little time to comment on the changes.

Please do.

> However, if you have any
> remaining comments on the existing API, please let me know now. Thanks!

A general doco comment: protected methods should explain whether the
subclass must, should, or may call the superclass method, and what it does.
I infer that the provided check* methods do nothing and (so) need not be
called, but it would be nice to actually know that.

--
"You know, you haven't stopped talking John Cowan
since I came here. You must have been http://www.reutershealth.com