xom-interest - [XOM-interest] LeafNode to be deleted?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] LeafNode to be deleted?
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:32:20 -0500

Is anyone using LeafNode for anything? Would anybody be horribly inconvenienced if it disappeared? I was looking at it yesterday, and it really is mostly an implementation detail designed to avoid code duplication in a few classes; but my experience is people pay more attention to it than it deserves; and I should probably just push the two methods it has (getChild() and getChildCount()) down into the four subclasses (Text, ProcessingInstruction, Comment, and DocType). I doubt any code would break unless someone is doing instanceof LeafNode somewhere.

Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)