xom-interest - [jcowan@reutershealth.com: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0d23 Last Call]

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: jcowan AT reutershealth.com
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [jcowan AT reutershealth.com: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0d23 Last Call]
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:26:11 -0500

Bill de hÓra scripsit:

> > Trying to let people use a namespaceless subset of XOM really doesn't
> > save much mental space, I don't think; DOM has these things because
> > Level 1
> > predates namespaces.
>
> None of these are interesting rationales to my mind. The API is just
> fine in this regard. I would require XOM allow me the work with XML
> proper - in fact I thought that was much of the point of XOM.

Well, only sort of. You can't construct XOM documents that are outright
contrary to the Namespace Rec: no elements named "wra:::::" (*), nor element
or attribute names that have undeclared prefixes.

But I yield on this point: keep the extra constructors. They certainly
don't count as code bloat.

(*) That would be a cry of rage by a chimpanzee.

--
John Cowan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan jcowan AT reutershealth.com
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all. There are

  • [jcowan AT reutershealth.com: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0d23 Last Call], jcowan, 02/02/2004