xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Using XOM as a stream processor

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: George Richard Russell <george.russell AT cis.strath.ac.uk>
  • To: XOM-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Using XOM as a stream processor
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 17:49:50 +0000

I'd like to know how to process XML in a streaming manner using XOM. The
tutorial doesn't mention this (yet, I know) and I can't quite get it
from the examples / javadoc alone.

What I'd like to do is process, for example, the item elements and their
contents from an RSS feed. I'd like to be handed, one at a time, an
Element with its content, and possibly control the construction of the
Element to constrain what children are added. So, I'm interested in i.e.
item's, and the title, link, description child elements with their text
content. Could I restrict the construction to just these, and how would
I do so?

A _tiny_ buglet ; a typo in the NodeFactory java doc in the spelling of
instruction.

TIA
George Russell