xom-interest - [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0d19 Vacation

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0d19 Vacation
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:59:27 -0400

I've uploaded XOM 1.0d19 to the usual site:

http://www.cafeconleche.org/XOM/

Fo the moment, I've decided to punt on the question of what to rename ParseException. I really don't like XOMParseException, but everyone except me seems to prefer it. I will make a decision about this eventually, but I don't feel like I'm sure what I want to do yet, and I did want to get this release uploaded before I leave on vacation tomorrow, especially since it does provide one crucial bug fix for anyone using characters from outside the Basic Multilingual Plane. It also implements a more consistent NodeFactory, and properly escapes white space when serializing. Details at http://www.cafeconleche.org/XOM/

Besides deciding once and for all what the proper name for ParseException is, for the next release I plan to investigate whether it's possible to allow NodeFactory to replace one type of Node with another; e.g. substitute an element for a processing instruction or a comment for a text. The API should be backwards compatible. The big question is whether this has a notable impact on performance when building.

  • [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0d19 Vacation, Elliotte Harold, 07/24/2003