xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM problem

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Luc Evers <luc.evers AT belgacom.net>
  • Cc: XOM-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM problem
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 07:55:08 -0400

Hi,

Before I used Tomcat 4.1.24 and J2sdk1.4.1_01 -> No problem
XOM .jar files were moved to the J2sdk ext directory.

Now I like to use Tomcat 5.04 & J2sdk1.4.2 -> a lot of problems
Tomcat don't work If I copy the XOM .JAR files to the ext directory.
Without this copy, XOM don't work. Even with the correct classpath.

Which files specifically do you mean by "XOM .JAR files"? There's only one real XOM jar file. The rest of the files in lib may be causing conflicts with Tomcat.

Also, Tomcat class loading is tricky., I wouldn't swear that JARs in jre/lib/ext are actually loaded when running in Tomcat.

Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA