wxyc-data - [Wxyc-data] not just the database anymore?

wxyc-data AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: David Jordan <djord AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: wxyc-data AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wxyc-data] not just the database anymore?
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:15:05 -0500 (EST)

Recently it was proposed offlist that we needed a listserv to discuss
computer projects at the station, including but not limited to the card
catalog database project, perhaps call it wxyc-tech. It was also
suggested that we just convert this listserv into that listserv, just
expand our scope of discussion here to include things like
developing/acquiring control room software, what sorts of new machines we
should be buying, things to do w/ them, etc. but still including the card
catalog project of course.

I think this is a fine idea, but before we open up this listserv to what
will probably be a lot more traffic, I just wanted to ask: does anybody
strongly object & think we need 2 separate lists, wxyc-data and wxyc-tech,
to handle that task? one just for the nuts & bolts of working on the
database (which has required very little traffic recently), the other for
these other projects (remember too that you can always change your options
to digest mode to cut down on inbox clog)

If there's no opposition w/in a few days, then onward & upward.

thanks for reading,

David

  • [Wxyc-data] not just the database anymore?, David Jordan, 02/26/2003