wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] this week on WXYC

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: "wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org" <wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] this week on WXYC
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 20:27:08 -0400

hey everybody,
hope everything's okay.  me, i just got out of a four hour critique and this is my last announcement email as programming director.  it's been real, y'all. my name's anne by the way.  anyway, back to business - WXYC very good radio programming all the dang time:

Friday on the Inside Track, party on with Disco Dildar: a compilation of pop and drum-heavy disco rhythms from Lollywood, alternative Pakistani studio. These tracks are sourced from fuzzed out and synth-driven 45s, a collection of under-the-radar hits from teen movies of the 70's and 80's that might have played in the most rebellious bars and night spots in their day. Let the DIY funk and disco roll at 9pm.

Tonight - Friday night from 10-midnight, WXYC's New Science Experience will be having a LIVE SHOW --> tune in to hear Liquid Asylum, Archaeli, + Mr. Miracle do live sets on air.  Also watch them in action on your streaming device at http://ustream.tv/channel/wxyc-nse

Hell Or High Water's back again with sweet selections from UNC's very own Southern Folklife Collection housed in Wilson Library.  What will this Sunday at 1pm bring us?  Who knows!  Only way to find out is to tune in.

This week, Broken Music will explore the work of the acousmatic composer, Bernard Parmegiani in his work in television at ORTF, and later in film and video. Both his classical and electronic compositions will be explored with a stronger focus on his electronic work.  The show begins at 2pm.

This week on Sports Rap, we'll break down the final games of the first round of the NBA playoffs and preview the next round. Also, your host will discuss why he didn't watch Mayweather-Pacquiao. And Ryan will maybe talk about the NFL draft, which your host also did not watch. We'll see! Tune in Sunday night at 9 p.m.!

Tune in Monday at 9pm to hear the newest release from Ben Chasny a.k.a. Six Organs of Admittance on the Outside Track. Chasny has always gone between genres, skirting folk, rock, and noise, and Hexatic is even farther out from his usual comfort zones with sparser melodies, sharper screeches, and a little more disturbing than normal. Check it out!