wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC: Young'uns, Max Neuhaus, Eberhardt, Dengue Fever, and The Dayton Sidewinders

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC: Young'uns, Max Neuhaus, Eberhardt, Dengue Fever, and The Dayton Sidewinders
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 01:24:01 -0400 (EDT)

Have you ever wanted to hear three hours of musicians too young to vote? Well, now is your chance! Thursday night at 9pm, Steph R. hosts The Thursday Night Feature dedicated to the Music Of Children and Young'uns.

What about if you love your weekly dose of Broken Music? Well you can of course get that on Sundays at 2 pm as David H. plays some Max Neuhaus for you. Considered by many to be the David Tudor of percussion, Max Neuhaus has breathed frantic life into the compositions of John Cage, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Morton Feldman, and a number of other prominent composers from the 60s and on. He radically broadened his performing palate with several early electro-acoustic innovations and is even credited with coining the term "sound art", much to either the chagrin or delight of many.

Also on Sunday, the live performances roll on with what will surely be an awesome performance by Eberhardt at 8pm on the Back Yard BBQ..

Also, on Monday and Friday at 9pm for the Inside Track, where a new record is played in it's entirety. On Friday, we have the latest from Cambodian-pop outfit Dengue Fever, lovingly entitled Venus on Earth. On the next Monday, we have the The Dayton Sidewinders with a stunning record called Let's Go Down to Funksville that we think you will like you very much.

This week and every week:

THURSDAY NIGHT FEATURE
three hours of music on a single topic
Thursdays, 9 p.m. to 12 a.m.

ORANGE COUNTY SPECIAL
tradiitonal and neo-traditional music of the world
Sundays, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m

HELL OR HIGHWATER
music from deep in the Southern Folklife collection.
Sundays, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.

BROKEN MUSIC
difficult or longer pieces live here
Sundays, 2 p.m to 3 p.m.

SPORTS RAP
WXYC's sports talk show
Sundays, 9 p.m. to 10 p.m.

NEW SCIENCE EXPERIENCE
a live electronic mix
Sundays, 10 p.m. to midnight

wxyc 89.3 fm

  • [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC: Young'uns, Max Neuhaus, Eberhardt, Dengue Fever, and The Dayton Sidewinders, wxyc-announce, 04/01/2008