wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] This week: Best of 2003 Countdown, new News Shows, New Orleans blues piano, and more!

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] This week: Best of 2003 Countdown, new News Shows, New Orleans blues piano, and more!
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:09:24 -0500 (EST)

WXYC 89.3 FM - in Chapel Hill and live on the Web at http://www.wxyc.org

Please take note of our new Spring schedule!

Schedule in brief, scroll down for details
Thursday, 9-midnight: WXYC's BEST OF 2003 on the Thursday Night Feature
Sunday, 1-2 p.m.: NEW ORLEANS BLUES PIANO on Hell or High Water
Sunday, 5-6 p.m.: DANCE MARATHON on In Step with Tepp
Sunday, 6-7 p.m.: The 2nd-Ever Installment of INDYMEDIA NEWS
Sunday, 7-8 p.m.: CLOWNS on the Sunday Surprise

WXYC's BEST OF 2003 on the Thursday Night Feature, Thursday 9
p.m.-midnight
Tonight we bring you the top 20 albums from 2003, as voted on by our DJs.
Tune in to hear your favorites and/or some stuff you may have missed last
year.

NEW ORLEANS BLUES PIANO on Hell or High Water, Sunday 1-2 p.m.
New Orleans is a blend of many cultures, and its blues music is no
exception. Influenced by Carribean, Delta, Dixieland jazz, and other
musical styles, New Orleans Blues music is unique. On this week's Hell or
High Water, we'll take a look at New Orleans piano players such as
Professor Longhair, Tuts Washington, and Jelly Roll Morton.

DANCE MARATHON on In Step with Tepp, Sunday 5-6 p.m.
This week, we introduce an exciting new weekly interview/call-in talkshow
hosted by UNC student body president Matt Tepper. Tepper will be joined by
Haley West, chair of UNC's Dance Marathon (the annual charity event takes
place on campus on February 20th). Also in the studio, UNC and Duke head
cheerleaders pumping you up in advance of this Thursday's b-ball game!

INDYMEDIA NEWS, Sunday 6-7 p.m.
Tune in for the second installment of our brand-new bi-weekly Indymedia
News program. This news/talk show is brought to you by the North Carolina
Independent Media Center.

CLOWNS on the Sunday Surprise, Sunday 7-8 p.m.
If we said much more, it wouldn't be a surprise. This is a brand-new
weekly program, and you never know what you'll get.

Also this week and every week:
-ORANGE COUNTY SPECIAL: traditional and neo-traditional music of the
world, Sunday 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
-BROKEN MUSIC: longer, more "difficult" pieces, Sunday 2-3 p.m.
-BACKYARD BARBEQUE: current music from North Carolina's finest, as well as
older records from the region, Sunday 8-9 p.m.
-SPORTS RAP: live UNC sports talk, Sunday 9-10 p.m.
-NEW SCIENCE EXPERIENCE: a live electronic mix, Sunday 10 p.m.-12 a.m.
-THE NEW MUSIC SHOW: spotlight on new releases right out of the mail bin,
Monday 9-10 p.m.
-INSIDE TRACK: an exciting new release is played in full, Wednesday 9 p.m.

WXYC 89.3 FM
http://www.wxyc.org

  • [wxyc-announce] This week: Best of 2003 Countdown, new News Shows, New Orleans blues piano, and more!, wxyc-announce, 01/29/2004