wheatsville - [Wheatsville] March is an awesomely fun month!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: Wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] March is an awesomely fun month!
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 12:56:20 -0600

March is a fun month here at your co-op. It's our birthday month in fact! Wheatsville is 32 years old on March 16th! Come in that week for some fun stuff!

Herb Fair is Saturday March 15th 9am - 5pm.
If you've never been to Herb Fair, this is your year to join the fun as we welcome Spring! We'll have a bunch of local grower sand artists selling Herbs. flowers, native plants, vegetable starts, herbal products and yard art! Plus, we have a great line-up of live music and great speakers!

Here is the schedule of events:
9:30 Danny Dolinger Great guitar and singing! A Wheatsville fave!
11:00 Ellen Zimmerman telling us about "Practical and Medicinal Uses for Local Herbs"
NOON The Vermeers More music!
1:00 Kim Lehman presents "Honey: Soul of the Flower Field"
2:00 The Bridge More music!
3:00 Nicole Telkes teaching a "Vitalist Approach to Herbal Medicine"
4:00 Chandra presenting some performance art for us!

For information about our great speakers, go to http://tinyurl.com/2536gn
That's some line-up, eh?!? Hope to see you here!

Member Appreciation Day is Saturday March 22nd. Owners get 10% off of all their purchases all day long!!! We'll have samples from 12-4pm!

Help some folks in need of dental care!
We've teamed up with our friends at Tom's of Maine to gain some support for dental health for people in need and you can help! Just grab one of the $5 or $2 coupons at the registers and add it to your purchase and the proceeds will go to Manos de Cristo, Austin's only low-income dental clinic, and the Jack Sansing Dental Clinic at Aids Services of Austin. We'd love to raise some good money for these folks who are doing good and much needed work in our community!

We've got a lot of product information for you this week!

Our March Co-op Advantage Specials are in full effect this month! Get the flyer in store, or download it here:

We're also trying something a little different this month, providing displays of full cases of a couple of the most popular sale items. Look for the following on display this month!

Imagine Rice Dream Enriched Original, Vanilla and Chocolate cases of 12 on sale for $20.29!
Blue Diamond Co-op Almond Breeze Almond Milk in cases of 12 for $22.68 (Original/ Vanilla/ Chocolate in sweetened or unsweetened varieties)

Little Austin Company Starts Thinking Big
Founder’s Family Relieved to Not Be Making Energy Bars All Weekend as Oatmega 3tm Enters Mass Production.

AustinTX – March 2008:  In response to growing popularity, Boundless Nutrition, Austin-based maker of the Oatmega 3 Wellness Bar, has recently started working with an experienced manufacturer to produce tens of thousands of its rich-in-Omega-3-nutrition bars.  “Nearly my entire family was spending all weekend in a rented commercial kitchen making the bars,” said Trevor Ross, the company’s founder; “I finally decided that if we needed that many bars there had to be enough demand out there to take the financial leap of faith.”

It appears that Ross was right.  In addition to several existing local retailers - including Wheatsville Co-op, and the Hyde Park Gym - Boundless Nutrition has recently inked deals with two Internet retailers.

The bars – Dark Chocolate Peanut, Mocha, and Dark Chocolate Mint contain 400mg of heart-healthy EPA and DHA Omega-3.   No other bar on the market can boast the same.  Boundless Nutrition is all about developing innovative products for health using the highest quality ingredients.  The Oatmega-3 bar is a cutting edge healthy product and is made with all natural ingredients.  Boundless Nutrition will never compromise on the quality of ingredients just to save a buck.  www.boundlessnutrition.com

Word from the meat department:
Hey folks we have an exciting new product I'm proud to offer! Uncured Natural meats from Wisconsin made quite a showing at the recent Health Freedom Expo on Nov.30. Many of our owners told Debra that Wheatville was the place for her product. She made the drive over here and introduced herself and her fine products.
    So this month we are offering a member coupon on all of her products. That includes beef bacon, beef summer sausage, beef breakfast sausage, and beef snack sticks.
    I recommend going to the website and reading about these awesome products. http://www.uncurednaturalmeats.com/

Also this month on member coupon:
Boarshead sauerkraut 25¢ off each
Coleman beef brisket flats (great to make corned beef) 75¢ off

Beer!
Floreffe Prima Meliore and Tripel are only $5.99 a four pack, regularly $11.99! These are beers made by Monks in a brewery built inside an Abbey in Belgium.
At this price these great brews won’t last long!

In the deli!
ˆLook for our Fresh in the Deli recipes from our friends at Bozeman Community Co-op in Bozeman, Montana!
This month we'll feature:
Curry Lime Chicken Salad, a flavorful slightly spicy chicken salad seasoned with mango chutney, fresh lime juice and curry powder and featuring cashews, mango, currants and coconut!

Roasted Artichoke Potato Salad: We toss skin-on potatoes with olive oil, rosemary, and garlic, oven roast them until crisp and mix with roasted artichokes, roasted red peppers and a lemon dijon vinaigrette!

These will be available through March 15th!

Our smoothie of the month is the irreverent yet delicious Soylent Green is.... leprechauns. Get it while we can still source Wild Leprechauns.
Salsa of the month is a delicious Poblana Tomatilla!
We hope to see you soon!

Dan
Wheatsville e-mail guy and head leprechaun

  • [Wheatsville] March is an awesomely fun month!, Dan Gillotte, 03/05/2008