wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day and more!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: Wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day and more!
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:51:28 -0600

Hi friends!

We appreciate you!
Next Saturday January 19th is our next Member Appreciation Day! Owners get a 10% discount off of all purchases all day long!!! Plus, we'll have lots of great samples from 12-4! Come on down and join the fun! It's a busy day, but lots of fun.

Shoes and socks for people in need!
On MLK Day (01.21.08) Keep Austin Housed is hosting a Day of Wellness at the St. Mary's Gym at 10th and Brazos from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.  We are focusing on foot care for the homeless, which includes foot bath/care in addition to new/gently used socks and shoes.  We will also be providing food, clothing vouchers, haircuts and information about services in the area.

We hope to serve 300-400 homeless individuals the Austin area and we need your help!  We are in need of gently used or new shoe and sock donations.

Wheatsville continues to be a good civic partner by being  a drop-off point for for shoes and socks for this event. Can you help us out? We'll be collecting shoes and socks at the front of the store through January 19th, so please bring some by if you can! We did a great job collecting blankets in December and I'd love to get lots of socks and shoes collected, too!

News from the Dairy Cooler!

WHERE'S THE WATEROAK FARMS? UPDATE

Production hasn't picked up at Mark Burow's goat farm like we had hoped. Mark has more than four dozen hungry kids and they're drinking up a lot of milk. Mark is working with some other Grade A goat milk farms to get raw milk which he plans to pasteurize. Mike Crissey, our refrigerated buyer, would like to thank everyone for their patience and continuing to support Mark.

NEW ADDITIONS TO THE DAIRY CASE

Although space in the dairy cooler remains tight, Mike has squeezed some new items into the dairy cooler. Last month, Mike brought in organic Veganaise quarts ($5.39) and half-gallons of Organic Valley Unsweetened Soy Milk (reg. $3.39, on sale for $2.99 this month), which Health Team Manager Niki Nash says tastes better than Silk's version. Also, keep your eyes out for a new brand of kefir, Nancy's organic lowfat kefir. Nancy's kefir is made with organic milk from grass-fed cows and is sweetened with organic agave nectar, which has a lower glycemic index than other sweeteners.

CASCADE FRESH AND KOMBUCHA ON SALE!!!

Two of our more popular sales are back this month. Cascade Fresh fat free yogurt cups are on CAP for 59 cents, down from their regular price of 89 cents. This yogurt is one of our better selling brands, and not just for the price. Cascade Fresh uses eight live cultures, the yogurt is cultured in each cup and has no preservatives, artificial sweeteners, colors, flavors or additives. And one of our best selling products in the refrigerated section is also on sale -- GT's Kombucha (2 for $5, reg. $2.99 each). Each bottle of the fermented tea drink has a live culture in the bottom which makes enzymes, amino acids and antioxidants.

From Bryan in the Meat Department
This month all Coleman natural pork products are 50ยข off retail price with member coupon. This includes: thin breakfast chops, center cut chops, boneless ribs, boneless roast, butterfly chops, beef and pork italian sausage.

I hope that you all have a great week!
Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!
(Hi Travis! (Travis came in today and said that he was looking forward to reading my next e-mail... Kudos for that!!!))

  • [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day and more!, Dan Gillotte, 01/11/2008