wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Happy holidays to you and yours!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Happy holidays to you and yours!
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:46:20 -0600

Hi folks,

Here is a link to a nice article emphasizing shopping locally instead of the chain stores in the Chronicle this week:
http://tinyurl.com/2e6e63

Stay tuned to the next e-mail in early January for exciting news about our renovation project! (Hint: We'll be starting this January!)

We've finally got our limited edition Wheatsville Organic Cotton shopping bags back in stock. Get 'em while they last for just $1.99!

We've also got a lot of cool gift ideas in store in case you haven't done your shopping yet.

The deli has delicious food for your holiday meal and party trays, too! (48 hours notice needed on party trays, please.)

Co-op Advantage Specials!

Kashi TLC Crackers for $2.29
Kettle Potato Chips for $1.69
RW Knudsen Spritzers 6-pack for $3.69
Annie's Homegrown Organic Crackers for $1.99
Late July Crackers for $1.99
Gerolsteiner Mineral Water for $1.49
Organic Bisca Water Crackers for $1.89
Mediterranean Organics Pitted Kalamata Olives for $4.49

Frozen
Tofurky Roasts for the extremely low price of $7.99
Rising Moon Organic Ravioli for $2.89 (I like to eat the ravioli for a nice, but simple Christmas eve meal...)

Did somebody say chocolate?
How about these for some seriously fine stocking stuffers? (Or just a really nice treat!)
Green and Black Organic Chocolate 2 for $5
Newman's Own Organics Organic Candy (peanut butter cups, mint creams, etc.) for 99¢
Dagoba Organic Chocolate for $1.89
And, not chocolate, but still a nice treat:
Clif Bars Special Edition Holiday flavors including my wife's new fave, Iced Gingerbread for 99¢

The Co-op Advantage FLyer also has a couple of nice looking recipes including Ginger Baked Alaska, vegan Wild Rice Soup and Wild Mushroom Spinach and Goat Cheese Tart.

It's available in-store, it came in the mail in your Wheatsville Breeze or on-line at http://wheatsville.coop/CAP%20flyers/SW1207.pdf

How about a word from our friend, Shane the beer buyer?

Need a cappuccino? Look in the beer singles cooler. Lagunitas cappuccino stout is brewed with real cappuccino and is rich malty,strong and delicious.

www.ratebeer.com gives it a 91% rating for good reason. Only $3.99 a bottle
This special beer is one of Shane's favorites.

I hope that you have a great week. I'll be out of town next week, so this will be my last e-mail of the year! I really appreciate the positive feedback I get from these e-mails and I thank you all for your reading it! I also thank you for your incredible support of the co-op! We wouldn't be anything without you!

Happy New Year!
See you next year!
Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy

  • [Wheatsville] Happy holidays to you and yours!, Dan Gillotte, 12/20/2007