wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Artsfest, Tangerine Juice and VOTE!!!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Artsfest, Tangerine Juice and VOTE!!!
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 14:17:12 -0600

Hi friends!

I hope that you had a really great Thanksgiving. We had a record-breaking one sales-wise, so I'm thankful for all of you who did some or all of your Thanksgiving shopping at your co-op! We really appreciate it and I hope that we had what you were looking for.

Coming up in just a couple of days is one of the finest events of the entire year, the Wheatsville Artsfest! Join us as we transform our back parking lot into an arts and crafts holiday bazaar this Sat. and Sun. from 10am - 5pm! We'll have over 60 artists and artisans showing and selling their wares. This is a great chance to get gifts for loved ones or friends or yourself! Buying handmade arts and crafts from the artists that make it is a special experience and can be the highlight of your holiday shopping. Check out the Buy Handmade Pledge: http://buyhandmade.org

We'll also have lots of great live music to make the days even better!

Saturday
10-11am The Telephone Company (A review can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/2gyorv )
11:30-12:30 Hand Me Down http://www.myspace.com/handmedownaustin
1-2 J.C. Corn
2:30-3:30 Ted Roddy and the Backwoods Hipsters http://www.myspace.com/tedroddy
4-5:30 Imbibe http://www.myspace.com/imbibeatx

Sunday
10-11am Dana Falconberry http://www.myspace.com/danafalconberry
11:30-12:30 Darrin Kobetich
1-2 Django's Moustache
2:30-3:30 The Vermeers
4-5:30 The Diana Cantu Band

That's a great line-up! If you can, please come on out to this signature Wheatsville event! You won't be sorry.

Note: Because this event is hugely popular, parking can be a bit of a challenge. To minimize your frustration in finding parking, I recommend planning on parking a block or two away on one of the side streets and walking over, or biking or bussing to the event.

She uses tangerines....
I have been very delighted these past few days primarily because of Goodflow Tangerine Juice! This is truly of the gods and must be drunk regularly during this season! It's only available for a few months, so get it now! Seriously. DO NOT MISS OUT!

We need you to vote!
We are winding down the Annual Board/ Community Action Wednesday and boycott election. We need 60 more votes to complete this election cycle. Can you help? If you haven't voted, or have friends who haven't voted, now is the time! http://www.wheatsville.coop/election
Please vote today!!!

Really. Vote.
Thanks!

I hope to see you this weekend! Have a great week!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Artsfest, Tangerine Juice and VOTE!!!, Dan Gillotte, 11/28/2007