wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Quick e-mail!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Quick e-mail!
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 16:45:15 -0400

October is chock full of fun stuff!

Coffee with the board
This Saturday from 10 to Noon, enjoy coffee and treats with the board on the patio! Talk about Wheatsville, the weather or the transformation of society through cooperation!

The next Member Appreciation Day is Saturday October 20th! Samples from 12-4 pm 10% discount for owners all day long!

Wheatsville Owner Gathering Movie Night at the Alamo South on Tuesday Oct. 23rd from 6:30-9:30pm. More details to follow, but we will be screening a cool movie called Independent America www.independentamerica.net This film follows a husband and wife reporter team as they traverse the US using only backroads and shopping only at local businesses! Free tickets for owners will be available at the register starting on October 15th, so be ready to get them then!

New CO-op Advantage Specials!
http://wheatsville.coop/CAP%20flyers/SW1007_Final.pdf

Salsa of the month for September!
This month we have our Salsa de Otono, a rich and smoky, mild heat salsa that could double as an enchilada sauce.

FRESH IN THE DELI, October 2007
Featured Cheese…Local

October is Co-op month, and we celebrate by featuring some of our favorite locally produced cheeses. Look around in our cheese displays and you will discover a plethora of fine, hand crafted artisan cheeses, many are made in small batches and only available in the immediate vicinity of the farm. Make it a point to try a few different options this month and help your small local farms, your local economy and support your coop mission.

Fresh in the Deli, on sale October 1-15

Western Corridor Featured Store-
Moscow Food Co-op, Moscow, Idaho

Roasted Roots
Rich, earthy flavors combine to make this a fall season favorite. We chop and oven roast carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, parsnips and onions with a blend of fine olive oil, thyme and oregano, then dress it with a splash of aged balsamic vinegar, parsley and fresh grated lemon peel.

Bok Choy with Almonds
Light, bright and full of crunch, this vegan vegetable salad combines toasted almonds, fresh bok choy, crunchy red cabbage and red and yellow peppers in an apple cider and tamari vinaigrette. A light, Asian inspired side salad, perfect on a fall day with a cup of hot and sour soup.

Wheatsville Election and Owner Survey happening now!
Please vote in your co-op's election! Choose board members, our Community Action Wednesday charitable giving recipients and tell us whether we should continue to boycott products tested on animals.
http://www.wheatsville.coop/election
In addition to being able to vote on-line, you can find out more about the candidates and the Community Action Wednesday groups!

Tell us what you think!!!
Also, we are conducting a big Owner survey right now because we want to know what you think! It takes 15-20 minutes, but you will be entered into a drawing for one of four $250 Wheatsville shopping sprees!

From the Health Team
Back in Stock!

Glyde Condoms-suitable for vegans (no milk-protein involved in manufacture)
Only $5.99 for a box of 12
http://www.glydehealth.com

Vitamins Sales!

25% off all Rainbow Light products that Wheatsville offers
18% off all New Chapter products that Wheatsville offers

http://www.rainbowlight.com/           http://www.new-chapter.com/

HAve a great week! Hope to see you soon!!!

Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Quick e-mail!, Dan Gillotte, 10/04/2007