wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Restaurant Poll, Member Gathering This Sunday, Coupons, Earth Day and more!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Restaurant Poll, Member Gathering This Sunday, Coupons, Earth Day and more!
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:04:19 -0400

Hello Wheatsville friends!

Well, despite a brief step back to winter, I think Spring has Sprung! I hope that you're enjoying it!

In this e-mail:
Vote for Wheatsville in the Restaurant Poll!
Attend our Spring Member gathering!
Redeem member only coupons!
Check out our in store specials!
Celebrate Earth Day with Wheatsville and the UFCU!
Be our MySpace friend!

Vote Popcorn Tofu for king of the world!
We love to win things at Wheatsville and we would especially love to win a category or two in this year's Austin Chronicle Restaurant Poll. (Yes, we're not technically a restaurant, but they do seem to include takeout options in their polling, sooo....)
You can vote now! http://www.austinchronicle.com/feedback/restpoll/07/ Vote soon, though. The deadline is Monday April 23rd!

Here are a few possible categories that you may wish to select your favorite food co-op for:
Chicken fried steak- Southern Fried Tofu (I know it's not really Chicken fried steak, but it's a good vegetarian alternative, right?)
Tofu dish- Popcorn Tofu (Please select whatever tofu dish you like, but if inclined to join in on the Popcorn tofu bandwagon maybe we can win it!)
Grocery Store (We'd love to get this one!)
Takeout

YOU are cordially invited attend our Spring Member Gathering this weekend!
Spring Member Gathering on April 15th from 1-5pm behind Wheatsville and in the former InStep building!
Come on out and meet other member-owners, the board and others!
We'll have a short business meeting beginning at 1pm.
After that, meet our architects and contractor and see the NEW store floor plan!
At about 2 pm, we'll meet other member-owners and discuss big picture topics about Wheatsville and our role in the Austin community in the next 50 years! These will be group table discussions and should be lively and interesting!
At 3 o'clock! Pizza from our friends at Mangia
Organic Root Beer on tap from the fine folks at Maine Root
Live music from the latin jazz ensemble the Guz Marquez Sextet with special guest saxophonist, Paul Klemperer (Here is his website:  http://www.pksax.com/ )

April Member Coupons- available, hanging up at the front of the store! (You can use just one of these coupons for as many items as you like. These are different than the other co-op coupons (in the booklets). Those national coupons are only redeemable for one item each.)

Peace Cereals (does NOT include granolas) Reg.$4.59, $1.00 OFF! with coupon
Bela Olhao Sardines Reg.$2.19, 50¢ OFF with coupon
Kettle Organic Potato Chips Reg. $2.59, 50¢ OFF! with coupon
Barbara’s Fig Bars Reg. $3.79, 50¢ OFF! with Coupon

Vitamin Dept Hangover Protection 30 caps Reg.$9.99, $5.00 OFF! with coupon
Vitamin Dept Manitoba Harvest Hemp Protein 16 oz Reg. $15.49, $2.00 OFF! with coupon
Vitamin Dept BioK Plus Probiotic 6 pack Reg. $29.99, $3.00 Off! with Coupon

In The DELI- Fresh Made Hibiscus Mint Tea Reg. $1.00, 25¢ OFF with coupon
DELI Self-Serve Case Only- Wheatsville Salsa Verde 12oz, 25¢ OFF total price
Fresh DELI Made Italian Stallion Sandwich Reg. $5.79, 50¢ OFF with coupon

Here is a reminder to use your Co-op Coupon booklets, too! They are very valuable! If you haven't gotten one, you can find them at the front of the store! (Remember, these coupons can only be redeemed for ONE item. Thanks.)

In the meat department
Boneless pork cuts on special via coupons. Its 50 cents off the following: Boneless butterfly chops, boneless center cut chops, boneless ribs, boneless roast, and breakfast thin chops. These will be on special for 2 weeks.

Fresh in the deli
Some new customer favorite recipes from our friends at the Cebtral Co-op's Madison Market in Seattle:
Chicken Salad with Sun-dried Tomatoes, a copntemporary twist to a calssic favorite! Buddy's natural chicken breast is combined with sun dried tomatoes, red onions, capers and fresh basil, then dressed with balsamic vinaigrette. A perfect al fresco escape from the ordinary!

Spring Beets with Orange, a salad that is light, bright and full of flavor! We marinade shallots in orange juice and wine vinegar, then add tender spring beets and garnish with orange zest!

These will be featured in the deli through the 15th of April.

Our Salsa of the Month is Sweet Serranno, a delicious hot sauce with the sweetness of peaches!

Check out the Mediterranean Chef pies in the deli full service case:  mixed veggies and potato are the newest flavors and Dana, our deli manager says, "They are yummy!!!!!"

In the land of Cheese

We are featuring Spanish cheeses this month including the mellow, rich tasting Manchego & Idiazabel, a smoked sheep's cheese.

 In Housewares!
NEW!

TIFF image

·        All sprouts get air. Good circulation prevents mold.

·        100% drainage without tilting or waiting. Water never collects.

·        Will sprout all varieties. All grains, all beans, even gelatinous seeds.

·        Convenient. Only 2 steps. Dip in water, hang on hook or knob. Or lay in dish rack.

·        Wide opening for easy handling. Holds equivalent to 3/4 gallon jar.

·        Comes with instruction sheet for easy sprouting!

Look for this sprout bag in Wheatsville’s bulk food aisle near the spices in the “sprout section” which offers sprouting seeds (alfalfa, red clover, sweet green pea, barley grass, wheatgrass, salad mix, zesty mix, mung beans, broccoli and sunflower seeds in organic and non-organic varieties) as well as sprouting jars, lids for sprouters, and citric acid to help preserve freshness.

Wheatsville and the University Federal Credit Union have a fun Earth Day!

The festivities will kick off at 10:00 AM and are scheduled to go on until 4:00 PM. There will even be a live musical performance by Austin’s own Diesel Kings from 2:00 – 3:00.  We will have face painting, games, prizes and more while learning about green mortgages, green investing and other environmentally safe products and services.
Wheatsville will be offering samples of 7th Generation environmentally responsible dishwashing liquid and little chocolates called Earthballs and more…

Austin Energy will be there to tell us about green energy and green building, too!

Are you our MySpace friend?
http://myspace.com/wheatsvillecoop

Hope to see you on Sunday!!!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy

  • [Wheatsville] Restaurant Poll, Member Gathering This Sunday, Coupons, Earth Day and more!, Dan Gillotte, 04/11/2007