wheatsville - [Wheatsville] February, Super Bowl, and Valentine's Day!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] February, Super Bowl, and Valentine's Day!
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:37:45 -0600

Hello friends! It's nearly February, our shortest month! Don't blink or you may miss it!
Here's what's in store for you in this week's e-mail! Super Bowl time at Wheatsville, Valentine's Shenanigans, and at the end of the e-mail, a really cool article about the super special MIddle Earth Olive Oils we are carrying. Read the whole thing!

Superbowl Salsa Smash at the Guacamole Bowl II: This time it's Habanero.

We had a lot of fun last year with special offers for the Super Bowl, so we're going to do it again! (The Super Bowl is this Sunday Feb. 4th.)
Get your Super Bowl Party supplies at the Co-op!!!!

Wheatsville Deli is offering several delicious specials for the game.

-our famous Popcorn Tofu Buckets
-Buddy’s Natural Chicken Buffalo Wing Buckets
-Wheatsville Salsas & Guacamole

Our regular Party Trays will also be available, with a two day advance order. (so, we need your order by Friday for Sunday pick-up, please.)

-Meat & Cheese trays -Middle Eastern trays -Fruit & Cheese trays
-Crudités trays

As well as our Handmade Cakes and Pies!
--Pecan Pie--Pumpkin Pie--Chocolate or Vanilla Vegan cake--Vegan Carrot Cake
Vegan Pumpkin, Coconut Cream, Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Special Orders Welcome

What is a Super Bowl Party without Local Austin Beer???
It's a prove fact that despite all the advertising, the Super Bowl goes better with local beer as opposed to the kinds with Burt Reynolds as a spokesperson.
Wheatsville will have plenty of beer from Independence Brewery right here in Austin!!!
Try the Pale Ale, Bootlegger Brown, Freestyle Wheat, or the new Austin Ale.

Grocery has some special deals for Super Bowl Snacking!
Kettle Chips for $1.69
Ling LIng Asian Appetizers in the freezer

Other deals for February include:
Lakewood Organic Heart Healthy Juice for $2.99
Nature's path Organic Cereal fro $2.99
Larabars for $1.19
Bionatura Organic Pasta for $1.69 (My favorite, especially the whole wheat!)
Organic Coconut Milk 2 for $3

Freezer
Cascadian Farms tater tots...umm, I mean Spud Puppies for $1.99
Rising Moon Organic Ravioli for $2.99, a good romantic dinner?
Purely Decadent Non Dairy Dessert 2 for $5 Have you tried Peanut Butter Zig Zag?

Refrigerated
Organic Valley Soy Milk for $2.99
Lightlife Foods Deli Slices $1.99
Wallaby Lowfat Yogurt 75¢

Lots more deal available look at our web-site for more CAP deals in February! February deals begin on February 1st!

Sweets for a silly holiday
Valentine's Day is one of our favorites around here and we have a few different fun ways to celebrate!
Chocolate! grab a couple of chocolate bars for your soul. All varieties of Chocolove chocolate bars, including the organics, will be on sale in February. Stock up for the spring or delight someone you love with a rainbow of chocolate. We have a lot of organic and fair trade chocolate, so that your loved one(s) will know that you REALLY care!

Say "I love (or like) you" to that special Wheatsville person with our annual Valentine making station. We'll have this available at the member center soon, so keep your eyes peeled! Then, we'll post your Valentine on the windows for the world (of Wheatsville) to see! (so, keep it clean, okay?)

Niki Nash, our devoted Housewares Buyer is a secret romantic…dedicated to bringing silly or sweet or sincere or even sensual treats to the Wheatsville shelves for the delight of you and the one(s) you love.
Silly Treats: Love Rats! Pink or Red Devil Duckies, Sweetheart Duckies! A Life-sized Gummy Human Heart!
Sweet Treats: Pink Elephant Cocktail Set! Chocolove Chocolate Bars!
Sincere Treats: Valentine Fun Packs-Sock Monkeys, Wild Things, Dr. Seuss, Curious George! Vintage Classic and Space Valentines!
Sensual Treats: Kiss My Face Peaceful Patchouli Lotion! Weleda Wild Rose Body Oil! Nag Champa Massage Oil! Herban Cowboy Organic Aftershave!

Fresh from Italy

This year’s crop of Middle Earth Organics cold-pressed, extra virgin olive oil is now on the shelves. For the freshest Italian olive oil, look for the “September 2006” bottling date stamped on the back of each bottle. Taste this year’s oil as soon as you can, before the intense fruity and peppery flavors of the young oil mellow.
The organic olives that are pressed to make Middle Earth Organics extra virgin olive oil are grown on the Cordero di Montezemolo estate located in the rolling hills of Umbria, Italy. The olives are grown, harvested, and pressed using the same methods that have been passed through the family for several generations. Because the Cordero estate uses a 19th century cold-pressing technique that is unique to their region, their extra virgin oil exits the press at a temperature of only 80º F (most cold-pressed oils are pressed at around 110º F), which leaves virtually all of the nutrients of the organic olives intact in the oil.
Middle Earth Organics cold-pressed, extra virgin olive oil is especially high in polyphenols, the antioxidant compounds found in cold-pressed olive oil that can help prevent against cancer, heart disease, and high LDL cholesterol levels. While high quality extra virgin olive oils usually have polyphenol levels in the 100 to 250 mg/liter range, this year’s Middle Earth Organics extra virgin olive oil has a level of 394 mg/liter.
In February, Middle Earth Organics extra virgin olive oil will be on sale through the Co-op Advantage Program (CAP), along with the Middle Earth Organics Pasta Sauces. All of the organic vegetables that go into their traditional Italian sauces are grown on the estate of Count Matteo Gazzola di Settima in northern Italy. The estate follows purely biodynamic farming practices, and their organic vegetables are harvested within hours of pasta sauce production.
Impress your valentine this year with an organic, Italian dinner… Bionaturae organic pastas (also on sale in February through CAP) with Middle Earth Organics Pasta Sauce and Middle Earth Organics cold-pressed, extra virgin olive oil.

I hope that you have a great week!

Dan
Wheatsville Co-op GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] February, Super Bowl, and Valentine's Day!, Dan Gillotte, 01/31/2007