wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Fall Member Gathering this Saturday and end of the month action!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Fall Member Gathering this Saturday and end of the month action!
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:21:26 -0500

Hello Wheatsville friends!

Please join us for our , October 28th from 10:30-12:30 in the former InStep space, soon to be Wheatsville Office and Meeting rooms!

Enjoy bagels and coffee (with flavored cream cheese made specially by our deli!) as we gather and brunch together.

Topics include;

Our amazing last year!

Our exciting renovation project and the progress that we've made and what's coming!

Meet the board and the board candidates!

Expect a few fun surprises and as is tradition, we'll have some pumpkins for carving or drawing on, too! People in costume, will get extra special treats, especially kids!

Take some time in the morning on the 28th to connect with your co-op! We hope to see you there!

In the deli
Our deli is having some fun playing with their food (names) right now for Halloween. Today, look for such scary soups as
Rosemary's Baby Lentil soup
or the diabolical Sweet Potato Children of the Corn soup.

Meat and seafood
We are taking special orders for Turkeys now, so if you know what you want look for special order forms at the deli or at the member center.

We will be featuring Mary's free range organic and natural turkeys. These have been very popular for the last few years as people have enjoyed them each holiday!
We'll have:
Mary's Organic Turkeys for $3.79/lb
Mary's Natural Turkeys for $2.39/lb

and this year we will have a very limited number of Mary's Heritage Turkeys available for $6.39/lb
Here is some information from Mary's web-site about the Heritage Turkeys http://www.marysturkeys.com/Learn%20More%20about.htm

Mary's Free Range Heritage Turkeys
Just as Noah's Ark was created to preserve animal species, the Slow Food U.S.A. "Ark of Taste" was created to ensure the survival of near-extinct foods. The Narragansett, the oldest United States turkey variety, and the Bourbon Red were placed on the Slow Food U.S.A. "Ark of Taste" in 2001 to prevent their disappearance from the American table.
The "Heritage Turkey Project" is a joint effort of Slow Food U.S.A., small farmers who agreed to raise these special native birds and ecologically-sensitive consumers who crave an all-natural exquisite tasting experience.
The Heritage Turkey is truly a grand turkey - one that nature built. It is part of the traditional American Culinary History, and is the same turkey that our forefathers knew and cherished.

Bryan, our meat guy, continues to get high quality wild line-caught fish for you.
Look for ahi tuna steak and alaskan coho salmon filet in our case right now!

Produce
It is time for eating apples! Check out out US Organic Ambrosia, Jona Gold, Braeburn, Gala, or Honeycrisp apples and I think you'll be very pleased. These are excellent eating apples and are a delight! People at Member Appreciation Day really seemed to like the Ambrosia apples when we sampled them out.
We also have Jack O' Lanterns for Halloween for $3.99
It's also Squasharama... we've got a lot of different varieties and you should definitely consider getting to know your squash! Now is the time to "Savor the Season" with Squash. There is a nice looking Curried Butternut Squash Soup recipe in the Co-op Advantage flyer available on-line or at the registers.

Great Co-op Advantage deals for Co-op month will be ending on Halloween... so, get these items now! Co-op ADvantage Flyer on-line at http://wheatsville.coop/CAP%20flyers/SW1006final.pdf

Grocery
Organic Cascadian Farm Cereal for $3.49
Rice Dream Enriched for $1.69
Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes 28 0z for $1.89

Dairy
Brown Cow Yogurt, selected varieties 32 oz for $1.99
Earth Balance Buttery Sticks for $2.49

Bulk
Golden Temple Granola on sale $2.29 a pound
Frontier Natural Products Co-op Organic Tea on sale for 20% off regular price

Frozen
Nate's Meatless Meatballs for $3.89- we really like these a lot!
Cascadian Farms Organic Potatoes for $1.99
Cascadian Farms Organic Fruit for $2.99
Tiger Balm Pain relieving ointment for $4.49
Dr. Bronners Liquid Soap 16 oz for $5.99

These are just a small sample of all the items on sale!

Check out our new raw foods section opposite the bulk aisle. Goji berries, raw cacao and more!

Our Co-op Advantage coupons expire at the end of the month, so use them up!

NEW!!

JPEG image

The brand new 4th edition of this extremely comprehensive collection of easy to reference information on herbs, vitamins, minerals, therapies and other drug-free remedies on sale for 20% off the cover price, now at Wheatsville!

Don't forget to vote in the board, community action Wednesday program and boycott election!
http://wheatsville.coop/election/index.html

Hope to see you this weekend at the co-op!

Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Fall Member Gathering this Saturday and end of the month action!, Dan Gillotte, 10/25/2006