wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Election and new Wheatsville Credit Card!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Election and new Wheatsville Credit Card!
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 11:28:57 -0500

Hi folks,

sorry for the second e-mail this week, but I thought that a short e-mail about 2 important things happening at the co-op was warranted...

Participate in cooperative democracy!
Firstly, the Board, Boycott and Community Action Wednesday election is underway!
This is one of the ways that Wheatsville is different than all the other stores in town, through our cooperative-based democratic activities like voting! You can select from a great group of candidates who will help lead our co-op through the important renovation/ expansion and post-project period. You also get to decide whether we will continue our boycott of products tested on animals. Finally, you will choose what amazing local groups will get the majority of Wheatsville's charitable giving in the coming year in our Community Action Wednesday ballot.

You can vote in store, but it's probably even easier to go to our web-site http://www.wheatsville.coop and click on the HUGE "VOTE NOW" link on the page. There is information about the candidates and non-profit groups on the web-site and in the Breeze. Please do vote!

Get credit for supporting your co-op!
The other thing that I wanted to tell you as soon as possible is about our cool new partnership with our friends at the University Federal Credit Union. Together, we are offering a new Wheatsville Co-op Great Rate Credit Card. This credit card (with a really great design by our very own, Aldia Bluewillow) will give you a way to support your food co-op every time you use it! Basically, every time you use the Wheatsville Credit Card, Wheatsville will receive a small portion of the purchase price. We know that credit cards are a convenient wat for folks to pay for their groceries, but the costs to process credit cards are growing each year. By offering this card, we are hoping to help offset some of the fees that we experience for credit card fees. The really neat thing, is you can use the card anywhere and Wheatsville gets some benefit. So, if (for some reason) you visit another food store in Austin, you can still support the co-op with your purchase if you use your new card.

JPEG image

We are really pleased to be working with the nice folks at our local financial cooperative, the University Federal Credit Union, on this project.
If you are interested, the easiest way to apply is on-line (I applied yesterday!) Here is how you do it:
go to https://webapp.myappro.com/webapp/ufcu/LoanSelection.aspx
In the box labeled "applicant" select "SIngle" or "Joint"
In the box labeled "What kind of loan..." select "Wheatsville Great Rate Visa" and hit "continue"
The rest is pretty self-explanatory!
We are happy for you to pay for your Wheatsville products with any accepted legal tender, but if you are a credit card user, getting a Wheatsville credit card could be a great solution for you and your co-op!

Please let me know if you have any questions about this offer!

Have a great weekend!

Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy (and NEW Wheatsville Credit Card Holder!!)

  • [Wheatsville] Election and new Wheatsville Credit Card!, Dan Gillotte, 10/06/2006