wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Third Thursday tonight! and Thanksgiving

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Third Thursday tonight! and Thanksgiving
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:01:42 -0600

Hello Wheatsville!

TONIGHT!!!
Third Thursday on Guadalupe!

Here at Wheatsville and InStep:

Austin Independent Business Alliance Silent Auction from 5:30 - 8:00 pm

Music from The Lonesome Heroes from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. & the Polkadillos from 7:15 - 8:15 p.m.

KID'S ZONE ACTIVITIES -- FREE!

Scottish Rite Children's Theater Characters beginning at 6:30
Bounce House from Majic 95.5
Balloon Fun with Smarty Pants & Face-Painting!

More about the Austin Independent Business Alliance Silent Auction...
The Annual AIBA Silent Auction will be held in conjunction with Third Thursday on November 17 in the parking lot between InStep and Wheatsville Co-op on Guadalupe.

Come out and bid on items (great for Holiday gifts!) donated by our members and enjoy all the entertainment Third Thursday has to offer. Don't miss it!

In the store:

Thanksgiving is coming sooner than I can believe, just one week from today! We’ve got what you need for a great Thanksgiving celebration.

Our Mary’s turkeys are all pre-ordered at this point, but we intend to have some natural Mary’s Turkeys available for limited preordering and on a first come- first served basis early next week. Call first for availability!

We will have Unturkeys and Tofurkys available on a first come first served basis all week long. We don’t plan on selling out, but get yours as soon as possible to be on the safe side. We’ve got the best deal in town on the turkey alternatives, so tell your vegetarian friends!

Frozen also has pies and pie shells galore!

We’ve got organic Pumpkin in cans at $1.99
We’ve got organic Cranberry sauce at $1.99
We’ve got Chatham Stuffing mix at $1.99

The deli has sides and pies for your feast!
Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Fall Root Vegetables, Festive Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans with Mushrooms, Leek Roasted Carrots with Tempeh, Vegan Cornmbread Stuffing, Cranberry Orange Relish, Astonishing Vegan Gravy, and Vegan Rosemary Biscuits!

It just isn’t Thanksgiving without pies!
Pecan Pie, Traditional Pumpkin Pie, Vegan Pumpkin Pie, Vegan Coconut Cream Pie, and Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie.

All sides and pies are available to preorder by Monday 11/21, or will be available on a first come first served basis all next week! Come early or preorder to ensure that you can get what you want.

Investment Drive Update!

Your fellow co-op member-owners have come out in full force for our investment drive! As of today, we have raised over $580,000! We had hoped to raise at least $500,000 by Nov. 15th and we did that handily! Thanks to all who have invested money! Since we are allowed to raise as much as $1,000,000 and since there has been so much enthusiasm and interest expressed from Wheatsville member-owners, we are extending our deadline until Dec. 16th! At this point we will redeem shares in 6 or 7 years. The more money we raise from our member-owners, the less we will have to get from a bank or the credit union. Thank you for your AMAZING support of your co-op! Contact Maria or Dan at 478-2667 if you have any questions, or go to the web-site at http://www.wheatsville.coop/invest.html

It's not too late to vote! Vote in the Board and Community Action Wednesday election at http://www.wheatsville.coop/election/

We hope to see you at Third Thursday and for your Thanksgiving shopping! I hope you have a great week and a wonderful holiday!

Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!!!

  • [Wheatsville] Third Thursday tonight! and Thanksgiving, Dan Gillotte, 11/17/2005