wheatsville - [Wheatsville] November and Wheatsville!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] November and Wheatsville!
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:35:59 -0600

Hello Wheatsville!

It's hard to believe, but it IS November! Thanks to (generally) cooler days, we can actually get cookin'! You may find yourself clamoring for the kitchen more in these days. Don't fight it! It's a perfectly natural reaction to Fall. We have all the items you need to get your Fall Food Fix. You'll find some excellent deals up and down the aisles with our Co-op Advantage Program specials. Look for the typical yellow signs and new exciting red signs that highlight holiday items that might be on your list. I'm very pleased with the mix of items we have for the coming cooking season! Look around the store for our lovely Co-op Advantage Naturally Good Celebrations party-planing guide. It has lots of nice ideas for creating wonderful party platters and treats!

Thanksgiving is one of our favorite holidays around here and we get geared up all month for it. Our deli, especially, kicks it in to high gear and, beginning this weekend will be sampling out our Thanksgiving items each Saturday. This week, check out Festive Yams, Roasted Root Veggies, Cranberry Relish, Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie, and Traditional Pumpkin Pie. Come by and try some during the day on Saturday and whet your appetite for the holiday.

Look at our Co-op Advantage Program specials on-line... http://www.wheatsville.coop/pop_CAP%20specials.html

Invested in your co-op yet? Many of you have, but we're still looking for more co-op members who can become Wheatsville Cultivators! We're looking for a minimum investment of $1,000 and an average investment of $4,000 to help us reach our goal of raising $500,000 for our expansion project. So far we have raised nearly $350,000! Investors will receive an annual dividend of 4% and investors who can invest over $10,000 will receive a 10% bonus when their shares are redeemed. For more info, call Dan or Maria at 478-2667!

If you've already agreed to invest, thank you so much! We are looking to collect checks and wrap up our investment drive by November 15th, which is (shockingly!0 just around the corner. So, please take a few moments and send in your agreements and checks! Thanks again!

Vote in the Board and Community Action Wednesday election NOW! On-line http://www.wheatsville.coop/election

Thank you for supporting your community co-op business! Your patronage helped us to have the biggest sales month ever in October!

Frances Moore Lappé, author of Diet for a Small Planet, has a new book, "Democracy's Edge".  She shares her wisdom that  hunger isn't caused by "... a scarcity of food ... (but) ... by a scarcity of democracy."    Come hear her speak at a dinner benefiting RESULTS, an organization whose mission and methods dovetail closely Lappé's.   RESULTS empowers ordinary citizens to engage in democracy and shape the actions of government to end extreme poverty and hunger.

RESULTS Austin -- 2005 Fundraising Dinner

 You are invited to dinner and a presentation

 by Anna Lappé and Frances Moore Lappé.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

6:30 to 9:00 p.m.

Schmidt-Jones Family Life Center

1300 Lavaca Street - Austin, TX

To RSVP contact Eloise Sutherland - 990-9883 -or- nanawese AT cox-internet.com

This annual event is an opportunity for our friends and families to learn more about our efforts to end hunger and poverty.  We hope to inspire you to financially support the vision of RESULTS.  There is no required donation amount, however participants are asked to come willing to consider a contribution of $100 or more.

http://www.smallplanetinstitute.org/

I hope to see you soon!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] November and Wheatsville!, Dan Gillotte, 11/02/2005