wheatsville - [Wheatsville] New items and great deals!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: dan gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] New items and great deals!
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 13:28:47 -0500

Hello Wheatsville!
Happy Spring! I hope that you are enjoying this most amazing weather and that allergies aren't getting you too down.

It's a new month, so our Co-op Advantage deals are here and ready for you to snap them up!
Look for flyers at the member center or at the registers and yellow signs throughout the store indicating a CAP deal! Here are just a few of the great items we have on sales this month
Muir Glen canned Organic Tomatoes, 28 oz. size for just $1.69 If you haven't tried the Chunky Tomato Sauce in a can, I think you might be missing out!
Barbara's Bakery Shredded Cereals; Shredded Spoonfuls and Oats are on sale for $2.89
Cascade Yogurt, selected varieties for 55¢
Lightlife Smart Deli Slices for $1.89
Wholesoy Soy Yogurt for 79¢
Little Bear Organic Refried Beans for $1.19
Kettle Foods 9oz Potato Chips for $2.29
Nate's Meatless Meatballs for $3.49
Double Rainbow Soy Cream for $2.29. Very Cherry Chip is not to be missed! (Chocolate Chocolate Chip is no slouch either!)

There are many more great deals in store for you, so come check them out!

Our Deli has some great new items that I want to share with you.
We are proud to introduce our new Salsa of the Month program. This month's selection is Organic sweet pecan pear salsa. It's a medium spicy salsa that's smooth and rich with a lovely sweet and hot flavor. It's good for dippin' chips, putting on tacos, serving on steamed vegetables or taking to a party and impressing your friends! Look for it in the self serve case!

We are also introducing our Wheatsville-made salad dressings this weekend. These are delicious high quality dressing formerly only available for use on salads bought at Wheatsville. Take some home and have some of the best dressing of your life. The flavors are Tamari Garlic, Lime Cilantro, and Tomato Basil.

The deli is continuing to offer Spinach and Feta Quiches for the weekend. Host a lovely brunch with Quiches from our deli. Available whole or by the slice.

Our signature salads are the perfect thing to eat on a warm spring day. Try any of the three varieties, Marinated Tofu, Grilled Natural Chicken or Fresh Mozzarella.

The produce department has wonderful starter plants. It's not to late to plant them!We also have lovely Organic Strawberries for $3.99.
I have been enjoying the Asparagus lately and you might want to start (if you haven't). Asparagus is easy to cook, but seems elegant and special. Just hold the bottom of a stalk in your hand, bend the top back until it snaps off, compost the bottom half and steam or roast the top. Doing this prevents you from getting any woody and stringy pieces. I eat mine with Annie's Goddess dressing drizzled on top, but I may start using the deli's Tamari Garlic dressing.
Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy yourself!

Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy

  • [Wheatsville] New items and great deals!, dan gillotte, 04/08/2005