wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Herb Fair this Saturday!!!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: dan gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Herb Fair this Saturday!!!
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:02:12 -0600

Hi Wheatsville friends!

Please join us this Saturday for our Annual Herb Fair from 10-5 in our back parking lot. If you've never been, it's a great and well-loved event that is put on by our very own Judith Craft and features local growers, herbal products, informative speakers and live music! Members of the Wheatsville board will also be available to speak to you about the co-op and to get your input and ideas on our expansion planning among other things.
We hope to see you there! (Tell your friends!)
Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy

Here are the complete details! We hope to see you there!
Wheatsville Herb Fair 2005
Saturday, March 12th
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
3101 Guadalupe, Austin TX

Growers from all over the state offer a variety of:
* Herbs * Flowers * Garden Plants * Native Plants * Vegetable Starts * Herbal Products * Bird Houses & Baths

Guest Experts
11 am - 12 pm Ellen Zimmerman - Herbs for Relaxation
Ellen Zimmerman is a Certified Herbalist, a Licensed Professional Counselor, a Marriage & Family Therapist and an avid gardener with a mission to spread the word about using homegrown herbs and plants. Ellen studied with Master Herbalist Rosemary Gladstar and developed a special interest and expertise in herbs beneficial to women’s health. In 1995 Ellen founded the Austin School of Herbal Studies where she offers such classes on Growing Herbs, Herbal Medicine, Natural Cosmetics, Women’s Herbs, and Plant Walks. She also produces her own line of herbal products, EZ Herbs.

1:00 - 2:15 pm Judith Craft - Oregano, Herb of the Year 2005
Native to the Mediterranean, oregano is actually a wild cousin of marjoram which is found in many Italian and Greek recipes. Several varieties of Origanum vulgare are easily grown in Austin, these hardy perennials with aromatic scents, can be used as a ground cover in an edible landscaping plan.
Oregano also has therapeutic value as an antimicrobial, it is often used for coughs and respiratory disorders, and is found in some of the herbal expectorant formulas. This versatile herb can be used both internally and externally.

2:30 - 3:30 pm Kim Lehman - Honey Bee Products & Their Uses
Kim Lehman is the coordinator of the Kids and Bees program at the annual American Beekeeping Federation Conventions. She has been a speaker for a number of state conventions, interviewed nationally recognized experts in bee venom therapy and is a founding member and past president of the Central Texas Honey Bee Stewards. Discover all the products of the hive including honey, pollen, propolis, wax, royal jelly and bee venom. Learn about each of these products, how they are made and how they are used. Bee products have amazing uses in medicine, health, beauty, nutrition and art.

Live Music!
10:00-10:45am - Laura Freeman Children’s Music
12:00-12:45pm - The Spirit of Natfield Littlecourt
2:15-2:30pm - Plant Stories & Songs
4:00-5:00pm - HerbPharm

Wheatsville Co-op winner Best of Austin Best Specialty/ Gourmet Grocery and Best Place to be a Faux Vegetarian!

  • [Wheatsville] Herb Fair this Saturday!!!, dan gillotte, 03/09/2005