v2k-announce - [V2k-announce] ALL-NIGHT BARRISTER'S BALL this Saturday at KINGS

v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: DJ Marco <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • To: "Ch-Scene Alt.Music.Chapel-Hill" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>, UNC Campus Events <i-table2001 AT listserv.unc.edu>, V2K <v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [V2k-announce] ALL-NIGHT BARRISTER'S BALL this Saturday at KINGS
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:41:49 -0400

BARRISTER'S BALL
Sat. October 14

Kings Barcade
424 South McDowell Street
Raleigh, NC, USA, (919) 831-1005
http://www.kingsbarcade.com/
Admission: $10
10pm - all night long

DRESS CODE: cop, robber, nun, priest, schoolgirl,
pimp or prostitute
BEVERAGES: LOTS
DEBAUCHERY: Guaranteed, thank you.

LINEUP
10pm - DJs Castro and Madcow
12am - LIVE BAND Topless Dancer
1am - DJs Midnite Cowbwoy & Marco
3am - DJs Merlin & Mooney

Yes, it's that time again. I think we can all admit it is a wee bit overdue.
Tell your mom you're staying at my house and I'll tell mine I'm staying at
yours. Cause we're not coming home Saturday night!

Me & mine would like to welcome the uninitiated to the long and storied
history of the Raleigh Night Out. Some people get inspired to great feats of
gymnastic dancing and some get inspired to box in the middle of that same
dance floor.

Whatever your preferred flavor, please join us.

Point is, I want to see all of you out there. Shaking your proverbial tail
feathers! I can't wait for the debauchery to begin!

AND A WORD FROM OUR MAN CHICO

The Seventh Annual (and last) Barrister's Ball 2006

I just use "and last" for dramatic effect, but it's impossible
to say if and where and when the next ball will be. The warehouse is
being torn down behind Kings, and there can be no party without the
"After-party". In case you didn't know, this ball was started by John
Ray Fuller way back in '99, the year of the birth of Kings Barcade.
The Ball grew up with Kings and the downtown scene, and the
underground nature of The Ball is a big part of what makes this party
so special. Little has changed over the years - Black and Mild still
play funk, guys still dress like girls, girls still dress like cops,
and you can never tell whose really a ho, and whose just pretending
to be one for the night (and it still doesn't matter). But the best
part of The Ball is the freedom to let it all hang out. I recently
heard a story of a couple who met at The Ball a few years ago, and
are now married. Can you imagine? Everybody gets to make out,
everybody gets fondled, we all get drunk, and we spend the next week
being told about all the crazy shit we did at The Ball. So keep that
in mind when you're making plans for this week-end. If you're running
for a political office anytime soon you might want to skip this
party. The Ball is always well documented by professional and amateur
photographers (Google "barrister's ball -raleigh" to see some
examples). As always the costumes options are as follows: Cop,
Robber, Pimp, Prostitute, or my personal favorite - Catholic
schoolgirl. Also we encourage real practicing barristers to come in
their professional court attire - they may be needed before the night
is over. And don't forget to prepare yourself for the after-party.
That means stash liquor in your car for late night. Condoms, band-
aids, napkins/toilet paper, and change of clothes, extra smokes,
Gatorade and/or bottled water are all recommended. You can park in
the parking deck in front of the Sheraton, and pick up your car the
next day (the parking lot in front of Kings will be full).

So this is it for a while. I hope you all enjoy this one to the
fullest. Doors open at 9:00pm but no one will be there until after
11. Eat a good breakfast that day, and don't stay out late Friday
night - trust me, I've done this for seven years. Yours truly, DJ
Madcow and DJ Castro will be laying down the funk vibe until midnight-
ish. Topless Dancer (Ian, Viz, B-Nice, and Nick B. from Pro-L) will
play funky nastiness until the party starts in the back. At 1:00am
doors open in the back featuring Marco Hammond and The Midnight
Cowboy (from the Honey Machine and Solid Sound System) on the steel
wheels. At 3:00am DJ Merlin and Robert Mooney (White Collar Crime/
4-4 Records) take over with the get-down sound. So be sure to put a
little Red Bull in your over night bag. There will be beer in the
back while it lasts, and hopefully I'll be able to score a couple of
port-o-johns for your convenience. That's it. Any questions? Call
1-800-GET-CRUNKED. Good luck!

-Chico

  • [V2k-announce] ALL-NIGHT BARRISTER'S BALL this Saturday at KINGS, DJ Marco, 10/13/2006