v2k-announce - [V2k-announce] [V2k] Roll Call

v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: DJ Marco <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • To: V2K <v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [V2k-announce] [V2k] Roll Call
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 01:10:52 -0400

Name?
DJ Marco aka Marco Hammond aka Soulmarcosa aka Mark Weddington

What do you do?
Dig, collect, clean, catalog, trade, sell, and DJ old vinyl records with the
ultimate goal of taking them around the country, dancing all night with
friends from near & far, and falling down drunk when it's all over.

What do you really do?
Stick pins in voodoo dolls of DJs who don't dance.

Who's your producer of the moment?
Richard Evans
http://funky16corners.tripod.com/8_evans_1.htm

Who else do you like?
The Faces, Rod Stewart, Jeff Beck Group.

Heard any good mixes lately?
Dr. Delay's PSYCRUNK was pretty next level.
http://www.turntablelab.com/cds/0/0/13581.html

What dj would you would like to see?
Cassandra "Bossy Boots" & Borja "Go" Gorostiza. They played the most
danceable and variety-filled sets of 60s-70s psych/garage/freakbeat rarities
at ModChicago this past year and their playlists became my checklists. I am
honored to have DJ'd with these people, but even happier to call them my
friends.

Are you raver?
I think this quote from Sir Steven Marriott says it best:
"Wouldn't it be nice to get on with me neighbors
But they make it very clear they've got no room for ravers"

--
DJ Marco
http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/

  • [V2k-announce] [V2k] Roll Call, DJ Marco, 10/10/2006