v2k-announce - [V2k-announce] FOUR NC PARTIES THIS WEEK! 60s, Soul, Hiphop, and more!!!

v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: DJ Marco <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • To: V2K <v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>, UNC Campus Events <i-table2001 AT listserv.unc.edu>, "Ch-Scene Alt.Music.Chapel-Hill" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [V2k-announce] FOUR NC PARTIES THIS WEEK! 60s, Soul, Hiphop, and more!!!
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:33:44 -0400

Whether you dig sexy 60s grooves, the latest hiphop club bangers, true soul
and funk, or lots more stuff in between, we've got a party for you this
week!

Wednesday, April 12 :: 10pm-2am
THE HONEY MACHINE at TALULLA'S
456 W. Franklin St. :: Chapel Hill, NC :: USA :: 919.933.1177
FREE ADMISSION!
with DJ Marco Hammond (SolidSoundSystem - NC)

Join the jetset with 60s-70s international groovy sounds! Fuzzed-Out Garage,
Bollywood Breaks, Brazilian Bossa, German GoGo, French YeYe, Eastern Bloc
Rock, Sexy Soundtracks, Asian Pop, Euro Grooves, Soul, Funk, Jazz and
more... ALL PLAYED FROM ORIGINAL VINYL ALBUMS AND 45s! NO CDs OR MP3s
ALLOWED!

PLUS
:: 50% wine specials
:: Hookahs for hire
:: 60s exploitation video on the new big screen!

NEWEST ADDITIONS TO THE PLAYLIST:
The Poppy Family: Which Way You Goin¹ Billy? LP London
Caetano Veloso: s/t LP Philips Brasil
Eileen: Ces Bottes Sont Faites Pour Marcher 45 Disc AZ
Zsuzsa Koncz: Szerelem LP Qualiton Hungary
Zalatnay Sarolta: Ha Fiu Lehetnek LP Qualiton Hungary
The Flirtations: Need Your Loving 45 Deram
Cecil Garrett & The Fascinations: Bearcat (parts 1 & 2) 45 Calla
Marie ³Queenie² Lyons: See & Don¹t See 45 DeLuxe
The Innovation: I Can Make It Without You 45 RCA Victor
The Equals: Hold Me Closer / Baby Come Back 45 RCA Victor
Aesop¹s Fables: Girl I¹ve Got News For You 45 Atco
The Brothers Three: Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out (parts 1 & 2) 45 T-Neck
Buddy Guy: Buddy¹s Groove / She Suits Me To A Tee 45 (promo) Cadet
Gloria Taylor: Unyielding 45 Mercury

http://www.talullas.com/
http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/
http://www.myspace.com/soulmarcosa

FRIDAY, APRIL 14 :: 10pm-2am
JEFF & KING'S PARTY
at G-LOFT
737 Ninth St. :: Durham, NC :: USA :: 919.416.3235
with DJ MARCO

Join your hosts - and our main Durham Dudes - JEFF & KING for a royal bash
at Durham¹s hottest nightspot G-Loft! DJ MARCO will be spinning a selection
of 100% party hiphop, funk, bhangra, dancehall and reggaeton jams. It¹s a
celebration of life, love and happiness, with beautiful people, great music
and exotic drinks. In other words, ³It¹s a celebration bitches.² First come
first served so get there early!

http://www.ghgrestaurants.com/gloft/gloft.html

SATURDAY, APRIL 15 :: 10pm-2am and beyond
SOLID!
At THE ALIBI BAR
14 West Martin St :: Raleigh, NC 27603 :: USA :: 919.834.735
FREE ADMISSION!

MIDNITE COWBWOY and DJ MARCO hit Raleigh with only finest soul, funk,
garage, reggae and other 60s-70s grooves on strictly original vintage vinyl!

NEWEST ADDITIONS TO MARCO'S PLAYLIST:
Brother Jack McDuff: The Natural Thing LP Cadet
Lulu: New Routes LP Atco
Jean Wells: With My Love And What You¹ve Got 45 Calla
The Gee¹s: It¹s All Over / Love Is A Beautiful Thing 45 (promo) Port
The Volcanos: A Lady¹s Man / Help Wanted 45 Arctic
Fontella Bass & Bobby McClurre: Don¹t Mess Up A Good Thing 45 Checker
Lou Courtney: Beware 45 Rags
Stoney & Meatloaf: What You See Is What You Get 45 Rare Earth
Syl Johnson: I Take Care of Homework / Take Me Back 45 Twinight
NCCU: Bull City Party 12² UA
Bobby Bland: I¹m So Tired 45 Duke
Chairmen of the Board: Working on a Building of Love 45 Invictus
The Three Degrees: Lowdown 45 Roulette
Hannibal: I¹m Your Man 45 Venture

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=33
617408

SUNDAY, APRIL 16 :: 9pm-2am
HI-5 SUNDAYS at Hi-5
510 Glenwood Avenue :: Raleigh, NC :: USA
FREE ADMISSION!
with DJ MARCO

DJ MARCO spins soul, funk, disco, boogie, and oldschool hiphop in what is
probably the coolest "sports bar" in town!

http://www.hi5raleigh.com/

  • [V2k-announce] FOUR NC PARTIES THIS WEEK! 60s, Soul, Hiphop, and more!!!, DJ Marco, 04/12/2006