v2k-announce - [V2k-announce] MASALA BEAT CLUB this FRIDAY! PHOTOS! PRIZES! RADIO!

v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: DJ Marco <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • To: "Ch-Scene Alt.Music.Chapel-Hill" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>, UNC Campus Events <i-table2001 AT listserv.unc.edu>, V2K <v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [V2k-announce] MASALA BEAT CLUB this FRIDAY! PHOTOS! PRIZES! RADIO!
  • Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 21:12:08 -0500

We've got a party, photos, CD giveaways, and a radio show link this week -
LET'S DO THIS!

FRIDAY, MARCH 10
MASALA BEAT CLUB
at TALULLAS - 11pm-2am and beyond
456 W. Franklin St. :: Chapel Hill, NC :: USA :: 919.933.1177
w/ DJ Marco + DJ Mogambo
spinning bhangra, bollywood,
hiphop, dancehall, and reggaeton with a desi twist!
$3 ADMISSION
http://www.talullas.com/
http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/music/music.html

PHOTOS FROM LAST MONTH'S PARTY!
http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/music/clubs/masala/masala_Feb10_2006/

CONTEST FOR FREE CDs!!!
We've got a couple of great CD giveaways this week.

First off is the new LOOK INSIDE CD by Canadian female singing sensation
Harj Uppal! We'll be debuting about 4-5 tracks from the album at this week's
party and you can preview the CD and see a video at Harj's site here:

http://www.harjuppal.com/

Our second giveaway is the killer compilation BHOOD THE ALBUM VOL. 1 from
Bollyhood Records. Marco has been playing several cuts at Masala Beat Club
over the past several months including RDB & Elephant Man's "Ishq Naag,"
Shakti's "Let's Go," and Sumeet's "Agony (Desi Remix)" so this is one CD you
need to cop! Read more here:

http://www.bollyhoodrecords.com/

The first five people to answer ALL of these questions correctly will not
only win one of these CDs (please state your preference), but will also get
FREE ADMISSION to the party this Friday!

1. Who is Harj Uppal's music producer and what is her record label?
2. Who is the executive producer behind the creation of the BHOOD album?
3. Which bollywood star was recently taken ill with an intestinal ailment,
causing admirers to make 100 mile treks, create sand sculptures, and hold
special prayer sessions in his honor?

Send your answers to djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com and good luck!

NOTE: Please do not enter the contest unless you can come to the party this
Friday; you will need to come to Talulla's that night in order to claim your
prize.

GALACTIC FRACTURES RADIO SHOW
Our good friend PJ in Boston just did an ALL CLASSIC BOLLYWOOD set on his
regular Galactic Fractures funk and soul radio show which airs Sundays
11am-1pm on WMFO 91.5 FM. Check out and DOWNLOAD the archived show here:

http://www.galacticfractures.com/

Marco even sold him a few of the records that he played that night, so you
know it's top quality, yaar!

HEAR THE LATEST DESI TUNES ONLINE!

PANJABI HIT SQUAD on BBC 1XTRA
http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/dj_biogs/dj_punjabi.shtml

ADIL RAY on BBC ASIAN NETWORK
http://www.bbc.co.uk/asiannetwork/presenters/adil_ray/

BOBBY FRICTION & NIHAL on BBC RADIO1
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/urban/bobbyandnihal/

GEET BAZAAR South Asian Music Show with AFROZ TAJ
Sundays 8am-10am on 88.1 WKNC
http://www.wknc.org/

  • [V2k-announce] MASALA BEAT CLUB this FRIDAY! PHOTOS! PRIZES! RADIO!, DJ Marco, 03/06/2006