unclug - [unclug] OS suggestions/experiences for Asus EeePC

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Loren Watterson <loren_watterson AT unc.edu>
  • To: unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [unclug] OS suggestions/experiences for Asus EeePC
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 11:20:52 -0500 (EST)

I recently took the netbook plunge and am looking at
OS choices for an Asus 1005HA-P. I've been very happy
with the hardware performance thus far - 10+ hour
battery life and no thermal issues even when running
hard for several hours. Now I need an OS that's a
good match. Anyone have any thoughts or experiences
in this realm? EasyPeasy looks like a good candidate
and I've used Ubuntu for several years now. Any other
good OS choices worth considering?
Best,
Loren

Loren Watterson
ITS Enterprise Storage Management UNC-Chapel Hill
loren_watterson AT unc.edu phone: +1.919.843.2461
its.unc.edu/esm fax: +1.919.962.5664