unclug - Re: [unclug] Ubuntu and TSM.

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: cmpalmer AT ils.unc.edu
  • To: unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] Ubuntu and TSM.
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:17:50 -0400

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 03:14:08PM -0400, Alan Hoyle wrote:
> I recently built up a linux box using Ubuntu and discovered that it's
> not hard to set it up to use the TSM backup client. Assuming you have
> a passing familiarity with setting up TSM on RPM-based distributions,
>

> here are the basic steps:

Thanks for this writeup! This is great. I'm currently working on
trying to get a function ubuntu preseed .iso for installing on the new
CCI laptops. With any luck we should be able to set up an UNCbuntu
distro that will have various images to choose from depending on
application. I'd love your help in setting up a server iso.

In the meantime, you might consider submitting your writeup to the
fine folks at the ITRC so they can put it on help.unc.edu.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal Palmer
ibiblio.org systems administrator

  • [unclug] Ubuntu and TSM., Alan Hoyle, 06/29/2007
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: [unclug] Ubuntu and TSM., cmpalmer, 06/29/2007