unclug - Re: [unclug] Ubuntu and openafs?

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: "Douglas A. Whitfield" <whitdoug AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "'UNC Linux Users Group'" <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] Ubuntu and openafs?
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:16:10 -0400

If/when the Carolina Open Source Initiative gets its hands on one of the new CCI ThinkPads, we are going to write up some documentation for wireless and AFS in DocBook to help out with the help.unc.edu project.  Providing, of course, they/someone else don't beat us to it.  At the rate we're going, I'd certainly prefer that someone beat us to it!  Anyway, our distro of choice is ubuntu 7.04, so I’m not sure if there would be any documentation for other distros.  I’m going to go with no, but that’s not an ideological no, but a resource no.  If someone in the org decides they want to do Fedora (or something else), I’d be happy for us to give that the help.unc.edu or to post it on our wiki: http://www.ibiblio.org/cosi.

Douglas A. Whitfield

IT Student Assistant

Mon, Wed, Thurs 9-5 until July 30th

Development Office

208 West Franklin Street, CB# 6100

Office (Server Room): 919-843-3226

Cell: 919-360-0306

Carolina Open Source Initiative Co-President

Carolina-opensource AT listserv.unc.edu

http://softwarefreedomday.org/

http://www.ibiblio.org/cosi