unclug - Re: [unclug] Sound weirdness....

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Cristobal Palmer <cmpalmer AT ils.unc.edu>
  • To: alanh AT unc.edu, UNC Linux Users Group <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] Sound weirdness....
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:49:57 -0400

Run 'alsamixer' and use the right arrow to go over to "PC Speak" and
'm' to mute it, perhaps?

This might be an alsa bug. A cursory look at FC5's bugzilla

(see http://tinyurl.com/ztjkr )

didn't produce a bug that looks like yours. Could you search a bit
more and see if you find a matching bug? If not, file a bug?

-CMP