unclug - [unclug] meeting notes, thanks

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Cristobal Palmer <cmpalmer AT ils.unc.edu>
  • To: UNC Linux Users Group <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [unclug] meeting notes, thanks
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 21:54:00 -0400

Thanks to all who came out! Sorry I was late!

Some observations:

a) We want an active LUG! :)
b) We need a space we can count on.
c) The parking situation is Bad (tm).
d) We should have another list (ala steering AT trilug DOT org) for the
organization of meetings and other managerial niceties.
e) We may need two official groups--one that is not a student group and one
that is. The latter would be able to get funding from the Union
(see http://carolinaunion.unc.edu/activities_orgs/howto.html ) while
the former might get some other form of recognition or support from
a department for its membership.
f) Trying for meetings with presentations (like the TriLUG format) before the
Fall may not work, so the emphasis should be on getting ready for
next semester.

Whether you came to the meeting or not, if you would like to help with any of
the above, please do shoot me an email.

Peace,
CMP

Cristobal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS
cmpalmer AT ils.unc.edu

internet equivalent of naked baby photos:
http://ils.unc.edu/~cmpalmer/

  • [unclug] meeting notes, thanks, Cristobal Palmer, 05/03/2006