unclug - [unclug] Python n' Kerberos

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Adam Constabaris <adamc AT unc.edu>
  • To: unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [unclug] Python n' Kerberos
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 10:27:34 -0500

Hola,

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how to use Python to non-interactively authenticate users against Kerberos. The only previous attempt I could find to create a module for this purpose is moribund and doesn't compile (not surprising, it's 2005 and it was, AFAICT, last worked on in 1998).

I've finally worked up something using pExpect and kinit, but before I say this is the best solution I'm gonna get, I'd like to find out if there's something a little more robust out there.

Anybody who can disabuse me of the notion that I *can't* use python-ldap and SASL non-interactively (I've tried that route) against sso.unc.edu is invited to do so.

--
Adam Constabaris

  • [unclug] Python n' Kerberos, Adam Constabaris, 02/04/2005