unclug - Re: [unclug] IDS for RedHat AS

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Jeff Bollinger <jeff01 AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: UNC Linux Users Group <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] IDS for RedHat AS
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:57:40 -0400

James Jordan wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions I received for my last problem of the unstable (and quite *EVIL*) server. It has since been migrated to new rack-mounted equipment, with upgraded RH EL AS software, and then burned in effigy. On a more positive note, now that I'm finally operating on the new Enterprise version of RedHat, I've noticed that tripwire is no longer installed by default, and also doesn't look like it's still a maintained project. So my question for all you experts out there: What IDS (Intrusion Detection System)are you using to secure your shiny new Enterprise Linux networks? Thanks!

IPTables + Portsentry + Logwatch

Jeff

--
Jeff Bollinger, CISSP