unclug - Re: [unclug] redhat 9 to AS 3

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: "Michael E. Jensen" <Michael_Jensen AT unc.edu>
  • To: UNC Linux Users Group <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] redhat 9 to AS 3
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 10:29:33 -0400

Brian,

I performed a RH9 to WS3 upgrade and run into a few problems, but was able to resolve them in a reasonable amount of time. There's a few packages that you will need to remove before the system can be added to the AS channel on RHN, etc. I'm not sure if you will have the same difficulties upgrading to AS3, but let me know.

Thanks,
- Mike

Brian Payst wrote:

While we're on the RedHat thread this morning - has anyone done an upgrade install on a RH9 server to AS3 ? I've got a production box on 9 and it needs to be upgraded. I'd imagine that would go fine, but if anyone can confirm I would appreciate it.