unclug - [unclug] Mac AFS class

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: hays AT ibiblio.org
  • To: unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [unclug] Mac AFS class
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:48:26 -0400

In case any of you all are interested in but new to AFS, the first part of this class will largely be applicable to linux as well.

--On Monday, April 19, 2004 3:35 PM -0400 Dee Marley <dmarley AT email.unc.edu> wrote:

Bil Hays set a good example for us on how to use available resources to
continue training opportunities on campus when budgets are tight with his
classes on firewalls. The CTC hopes to continue to discover potential
classes we can offer using the expertise of our peers (and other experts
as they are available). We are happy to offer:

Mac OS X Networking and Integration on Campus, Part 1

Date/Time: April 27, 8:30-11:00
Location: Peabody Hall, Room 011
Presenters:
Doug Edmunds, IT Director, School of Education
Bil Hays, Computer Network Manager, Computer Science
Bill McGlasson, Consulting Engineer for Directory Services at Apple

Bil will start the session by outlining the details of
installing/configuring afs/kerberos for use with cells.
Doug will be discussing how he and his staff prepared their OS X lab for
AFS authentication using the Directory Services feature and the campus
Onyen lookup database, among other things. He will also briefly discuss
the use of CarbonCopyCloner and NetRestore for managing a lab environment.
Bill will be outlining the enhanced Active Directory support and Windows
network integration in Mac OS X "Panther." He will also delve into the
OS' full support of OpenLDAP and Kerberos standards with regards to
multi-platform and multi-service based clients.

Registration is not necessary, but space will be somewhat limited. I know
this is short notice, but it was complicated to pull all this together. I
hope you can join us.

Part 2 is not yet fully planned but will focus on Mac/Windows
integration.

Thanks!
Dee

--

bil hays

  • [unclug] Mac AFS class, hays, 04/22/2004