unclug - [unclug] Re: [ctc] Red Hat Enterprise Linux

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: "John W. Sopko Jr." <sopko AT cs.unc.edu>
  • To: Greg Neville <gneville AT email.unc.edu>
  • Cc: The ctc mailing list <ctc AT listserv.unc.edu>, unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [unclug] Re: [ctc] Red Hat Enterprise Linux
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:59:26 -0400

When we purchase a subscription does this mean we can register the
system with Red Hats up2date service? That is can we run the up2date
client against Red Hats servers our do we have to wait for the
configuration of our own proxy server? Thanks for you work on this.

Greg Neville wrote:

The ATN Software Acquisition office is pleased to announce that UNC General Administrations has negotiated a campus license for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The campus license includes the Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS subscription and the Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS subscription. The cost per subscription will be $9.00 dollars. Please see the following URL (https://www.unc.edu/sr-bin/software.pl?id=4697) for a detailed summary of the license and instructions on how to place an order.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this license please email the ATN Software Acquisition office at software AT unc.edu.

Thanks

<-------------------------------------------------->
Gregory Alan Neville
Software Consultant // Information Technology Services
Email: Greg_Neville AT unc.edu
Phone: (919)962-5276
Fax: (919)843-2427

---
You are currently subscribed to ctc as: sopko AT cs.unc.edu

John W. Sopko Jr. University of North Carolina
email: sopko AT cs.unc.edu Computer Science Dept., CB 3175
Phone: 919-962-1844 Sitterson Hall; Room 044
Fax: 919-962-1799 Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3175