unclug - Re: [unclug] Binary of "mail" for old RH distro...

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Loren Watterson <loren_watterson AT unc.edu>
  • To: Joel Dunn <joel_dunn AT unc.edu>
  • Cc: unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] Binary of "mail" for old RH distro...
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:06:18 -0500 (EST)

Joel - I believe you can find something close to what you are
seeking by drilling down from the RedHat Errata page for old
distributions at

www.redhat.com/support/errata/archives/

I believe the /bin/mail program is in package mailx so
choosing version 6.1 and the mailx fix offers this:

www.redhat.com/support/errata/archives/RHSA-2000-048.html

Guess it won't be the original but should be pretty close.
The fix was a security one so it might be preferable.
Thanks,
Loren

J. Loren Watterson
Unix Systems